1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C electrical issue?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MeganV, Aug 11, 2015.

1. MeganV

MeganV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recently my a/c in my 2007 prius has been on the fritz. Some days it chooses not to blow any air at all. Others it will blow upon start up with cool air. I just took a road trip and it didn't work for 2 hours then magically came on blowing cold air. I took it in to the local shop to see if they could figure out the issue. To my disappointment, all the "parts" appear to be in good working order. The technician said that the electrical system just wasn't getting to the blower motor and that I should take it in to Toyota. Is this a common problem? What does it typically cost to get fixed???

2. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    blower motor would be my guess,bad resistor,try it on different speeds..

3. MeganV

MeganV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Which battery, the 12v one in the back or the main big one?

4. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    sorry after reading it again Im thinking the blower motor resistor if some days it works and some days it doesn't, try it on different fan speeds "high" might be bad but medium and low might still work

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    some have removed the glove box and cabin filter, given the blower a spin with their hand, and been on their way.