1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. kenichols29

kenichols29 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My a/c blows cold but not that cold. It has been that way since i got it last summer. What I was, wondering is if it is covered ynder the 36,000 mile warrenty to have it serviced?

The reason im asking is because the dealer is way out of the way and i want to save a trip if it isnt covered.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I find my 2015 is not all that cold either, but it's been around 90+ degrees here every day. Since it's under warranty, you should have it checked.

I don't see why the ac wouldn't be covered under 3/36k miles warranty

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    call the dealer first. if it's covered, drive on over. they will probably check the freon, and maybe the temp coming out of the vents? are you in eco mode? if so, try normal or power and see if it's any better. mine is like ice, but we haven't hit 90 yet.

4. kenichols29

kenichols29 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    where in the high 90s and i always run in normal mode.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Regarding temp coming out at the vents, Honda shop manuals over the years always had instruction for such a test, with a graph of acceptable range. Last time this question came up I had a look in my Toyota Repair Manual pdf, but no luck. I did the procedure for sight glass check.

With sight glass the usual rule of thumb is you should just see a few, occasional bubbles whipping by. Toyota says none tho. And then (more in line), they say there should be bubbles for a moment, just as the compressor stops.

Attached Files: