1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C not blowing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Duffs, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Duffs

Duffs New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2 days ago I noticed a large puddle on the driveway when I left for work, but I thought it was just condensation from my A/C. That afternoon- 84 degrees outside- my A/C was blowing warmer than normal, even at Max Cold, so then I thought it might have been freon on the driveway and that I'd need to get checked for a leak and replace the freon. But the car wasn't overheated and the next day (in the mid-80s), the A/C worked normally in the morning and afternoon...
    Then, this afternoon- 90 degrees outside- it wouldn't work at all. I've eliminated the compressor as the issue (turned on my car, let it go through its start-up cycles, then turned the A/C on high and Max Cold, popped the hood and listened for the buzzing)- it continuously whirs and responds to the changes I make on the A/C settings. I think the blower motor died, since no air flows at any of the speeds from any of the air vents though I can hear the A/C is on...
    So my question(s) for you all... does it sound like I'm on the right track? Is there another potential problem it could be that I should be aware of before I take it in to the dealer for a diagnosis? Like a fuse I need to check?
    Btw, I have a 2007 with 141K miles on it...

Thanks for any input you may have! :)

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is certainly possible that the blower motor has failed. You can also check the 40A HTR fuse (in large relay/fuse box between inverter and driver's side fender) and 15A ECU-B fuse (in fuse box on bottom of driver's side of instrument panel).

BTW, the refrigerant is a gas at room temperature and pressure so that certainly would not be the puddle you saw.