1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C not showing in 06 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Orf, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 06 Prius I-Tech and up until last weekend I could select the A/C on and off on the climate screen independently of whether or not I had the Auto climate control on or off.
    Suddenly the A/C selection square on the display has disappeared unless Auto is selected.
    I have not done anything unusual that I know of to cause this problem and the car has not been serviced for several months.
    Anyone any ideas as to what has happened?

2. CMonster

CMonster Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't seen that, but I have had two strange experiences with the Climate system. Both times I noticed that I couldn't adjust the temperature from the steering wheel. So I pulled up the climate screen and there was no temperature displayed. Turning the Auto setting off and back on restored everything to normal. I still don't know if I did something to trigger the incidents or if it's just a bizarre glitch. Could be related to what you're seeing? Try toggling all the different settings to see what effect that might have.

3. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Make sure your manual fan setting isn't set to "off". If it is, a lot of things, including AC get grayed out. This would not matter when auto is on.

Rob

4. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Rob, the fan was off. I thought I pushed and pulled every setting to correct the situation but I must have missed the fact that the fan was turned off.
    I would have thought when selected the A/C would have turned the fan on automatically if it was off.