1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C Not Working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MadIrish13F, Jun 23, 2014.

1. MadIrish13F

MadIrish13F Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    So my wife was just out earlier today when she complained that her A/C wasn't working. So I did some research and got some A/C Recharge for it. Still nothing. It's not shooting out hot/cold air. I cannot even feel or hear the A/C starting at all.

Any ideas?

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The "charge" in the AC has no bearing on the air flow in the system. Your research wasn't very complete it seems. The most obvious possibility for no air flow is a bad fan motor but it could be the fan controls too. I suggest that you not keep guessing and throwing parts at it. It might be cheaper in the long run to take it to a shop where they can then check the charge to be sure that is right too. I hope you looked at the sticker under the hood and got the right kind of refrigerant.

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes to the fan motor being the first place to look. The blower fan behind the glove box (no one keeps gloves there anymore, do they?) is a known intermittent issue with well used Prii. The motor is a brush type DC motor, which means that in time the brushes wear and no longer contact the commutator. If you can look underneath, and give the blower motor a solid tap with something, it will possibly jar the brushes loose and it will start blowing again. If that is the problem, then you can replace it with a used motor from a salvage yard.

4. quietmouse

quietmouse New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd check your fuses, if nothing there move onto the blower motor! Hate to buy one just to learn it was a blown fuse.