1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C Problem 07

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by KHALE, Oct 7, 2012.

1. KHALE

KHALE New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello
    I recently purchase an 07 prius and now the A\C only works If I disconnect the small battery at the back and reconnect. It worked fine when I first got It, but after dealing with no A\C I decided to try disconnecting the battery and It works. The problem Is when I stop at a light a red triangle shows up on the dash board and If I turn off the car I would have to disconnect and reconnect the battery In order for It to work.

Any Ideas..

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    ** Moved to Gen II Technical forum **

Please pick an appropriate forum when posting, thanks! -Moderator

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The red triangle indicates that there is a significant problem with the car. You need to get the DTC's read by an OBD2 code reader, preferably at a Toyota dealer.

As a guess, I will suggest that you check on your inverter coolant pump, and see if it is running. Look in the inverter coolant tank (next to the inverter under the hood) while the car is in Ready mode and see if there is turbulence inside. If the liquid is not moving, then your inverter pump has failed (very common). If the inverter pump is not working, then overheating will occur, and the car will shut off the A/C as a protection.

Disconnecting the battery only clears the memory of the error condition, but as you see it comes back. If the inverter pump is bad, Toyota has a campaign to replace it free of charge, at least in the U.S.

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This could also be a case of the wrong oil being put in the aircon causing a ground fault code to be out put shutting down the aircon. Disconnecting the aircon pump and resetting the code would prove if this is the problem.