1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C System Shutdown

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jl61703, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jl61703

jl61703 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The A/C on my 2007 abrupted stopped working. Fine in morning, parked at work, no cooling in evening. Fan blows, display normal. I am not getting any warning lights. The situation has the local dealer baffled - now they have to consult the factory. Anyone ever experienced this type of problem. ??

'07 Bright White with side moulding, window tint, rear bumper guard and sharks tooth.

2. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    JL61703,

Welcome to PriusChat. Sorry, I can't help with the AC problem, In time the
    more experienced posters will show up, hopefully with some info.

Me? I'm interested in your "sharks tooth." Does it mount in the upper or lower
    grill opening? ;) It might go well with the shark fin antenna from the PriusChat shop. :D

Or is it a whole bunch of teeth like the P-51 Mustangs in the Pacific theater in
    WWII? :p You got pix?

(My apologies, no harm meant, too good an opportunity to pass up.)

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    where in nc are you located?

refrigerant trouble? any holes in your condenser from road debris?

4. jl61703

jl61703 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry to get your hopes up, bad choice of words on my part. I have a "sharks fin" antenna.

Jl61703

5. jl61703

jl61703 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am in Hickory. The dealer pumped down the system looking for comtaminates in the refrigerant (???) so I take it that the system was intact, without damage. Other than the compressor being powered differently, I would expect the system to be similar to other Toyota vehicles, so I am a bit surprised they have to go to the factory.

Best

jl61703

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    they should be testing the signals to the compressor, but tech support will guide them through what they need to do.

DH is going to school a few miles north of you in hudson this fall. small world. :)

7. jl61703

jl61703 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for replies. Turns out compressor/inverter (?) had to be replaced. Compressor wasnt turning. All covered by warrenty, dealer provided car - all happy again ! :)