1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C Vents

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by snowbird, May 21, 2010.

1. snowbird

snowbird Junior Member

The right hand A/C vent on the driver's side dash is suddenly giving me no air at all. The other 3 in front blow cool air just fine. Any idea how to check this out? (I did just check out the cabin filter in case it had something to do with a block there). I don't know where to look. This is a new problem for my 2007 Prius.
    The A/C for the rear passengers has always been very weak. I feel sorry for my grandkids.
    Do others find this to be true also?
    Anyone had any luck dealing with that? I keep thinking that extending the air outlets under the seats somehow might help.

2. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can't think of anything unless that wheel below the vent that opens it is somehow stuck.

It may be possible to increase the backseat cooling by partly closing the front vents using those wheels. By decreasing the front cooling the ac will stay on longer, helping the back, and more air will probably come out the back by restricting the front.