1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C Went Out Or Did It?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by John6012, Dec 29, 2008.

1. John6012

John6012 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have an 07 Prius w/pkg 5 bought in May 07. We've had literally no problems until recently. I couldn't adjust the temperature via the steerign wheel or sceen, hot air was coming out and there was no way to control the outflow other than turning the heater/AC off. It was due the 15,000 mile oil change and I figured I'd have them check the non-working system and while getting the oil changed, check out a dash rattle in front of the steering wheel. Drove two cars as I knew it'd be in the shop awhile. Came back late in the afternoon and the car was almost ready to be released. Finally the service advisor said I could claim the Prius. I found out that it was ME! I inadvertently had hit the a/c on control on the steering wheel and that in effect, turned off the system. Lesson learned, don't think something is wrong when it isn't. Then the rattle-had "stuff" like a couple of ballpoints in the box below the radio and the noise was being transmitted (sicne there is no insulation in the dash) to other areas.
    Bottom line, nothing was wrong, it was ME! Jus tthought I'd relate this so someone else wouldn't look ignorant (Note I didn't say stupid). Happy new Year!

2. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    John...
    Just imagine what you'll learn about your car when you reach 30,000 miles. ;)

Happy New Year!