1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Conspiracy of Hikers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by airportkid, Apr 7, 2007.

1. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A new faction of Global Warming conspirators has joined the frey.

High Country Hikers Encountering Changing Landscapes Worldwide

It's bad enough most of the world's scientists have sold out to this nefarious scheme just so they can get grant funds and sound bites on CNN, now hikers and mountain climbers have thrown in with this evil crowd, although it's unclear what their end of the deal will be for providing yet further "evidence" of GW. It's a good bet some of these outdoors types have probably spent a few hours doing some glacial "receding" of their own in the dead of night with battery operated hair dryers before turning in their "shocking" photos. Whatever their ill-gotten gains will be, they swell the already swollen ranks of the GW conspiracy to record numbers, making the proportion of the world's population NOT part of this conspiracy a fast shrinking minority (the non-conspirators were last counted at less than a mere 3,456 individuals around the globe, including G.W. Bush, 5 or 6 people who hang out at a place called Fred's Pancakes, and a hermit in Manitoba whose most recent connection with the outside world is a 35 year old copy of Newsweek).

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's obvious they're all big fat liars. It's a conspiracy plain and simple.

They're probably all members of the International Hikers Union. They got together at some secret location and all agreed on a story they made up. They're in it for the publicity and the money. I'm sure they're all cutting book deals like "When the Matterhorn had Snow" and "It had Ice on it when *I* climbed Everest".

Pinko Commie Liberal Nutjobs, the lot of them.

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Aww, cmon.

EVERYBODY KNOWS that the GW BS is just big money behind wind farms talking. The ARROGANCE of these atheistic pigs just makes my blood boil.

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Hikers have a well-known liberal bias. :lol:

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Apr 7 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]419668[/snapback]</div>
    Yawn. This is a well-debunked urban myth. It has been conclusively proven that they did not use battery operated hair dryers but instead applied hundreds of thousands of oxygen-activated hand warmers to the glacial face to achieve their evil intentions, the scum. :lol:

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Apr 7 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]419668[/snapback]</div>
    I understand the hermit has recently been bribed to switch his position 180 by a 12 year old copy of National Geographic and a six pack of Dr. Pepper.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Apr 7 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]419668[/snapback]</div>
    Guilty as charged: Last summer, while hiking in the vicinity of Durrand Glacier, near Revelstoke, B.C., Canada, I helped chip ice off the face of the receding glacier, to carry back to the chalet to put in drinks.

However, there was such a torrent of water flowing off the glacier as it melted, that the quart or so of ice I chipped off was, if you'll forgive the expression, a mere drop in the bucket. And we only spent a minute or two at it.

The water naturally melting from the glacier was the best I've ever tasted.

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LMAO!

I've been known to relocate a shrub or flower to a higher elevation just to mess with peoples heads. I'm still tring to figure out how to flood the groundhogs hole so he STAYS outside instead of ducking back in and prolonging winter. :(

9. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wierd... As I was reading this thread, the local news was running a story about planting zones. Here we had allways been considerded lower zone 3 or higher zone 4, now some of the local nurserys have been having success introducing zone 5 plantings and having them surviving the winters. :angry: