1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A couple of parts questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bmparent, May 24, 2019.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to clean the battery cooling fan and this filter. What kind of fastener is on this filter and how do I take it off? The filters disgusting so I figure I'd better get to it while I have the trunk half-disassembled in order to clean the battery cooling fan. IMG_2746.JPG

SFO likes this.
  2. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't recall seeing that on my 2007, when I replaced the rear shocks.

That metal fastener looks like a one-time use type 'rivet'? I bet if you pop it off, you will NOT be able to get it back on. If this turns out to be the case, I would just go to the local hardware/home-improvement store and pick-up a screw-nut bag set like this one at Lowe's. Find a thickness and length that will work. You might have to get a washer too.
    You might have to cut off the excess length, if it gets in the way of something. I would use two nuts to hold it in place. If you choose to use ONE nut, use thread locker.