1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A day off from work... and magic in the kitchen!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by OceanEyes, Feb 18, 2013.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My Prius is clean and has been garaged - the weekend's jambalaya is packaged and frozen but as a by product of the chicken used in the jambalaya had to make matzo ball soup (schmaltz is a must and you cannot substitute some quick fix)... I'm of French Canadian/Irish/Scottish/English heritage, all packaged American style but some comfort foods fix everything, especially when one has lived and worked in the Big Apple. ;)

Try an infusion of white truffle oil and it becomes beyond "Jewish penicillin." My culinary teacher at school said he and his wife have to take matzo ball soup to "the next level" after I described what I am doing in the kitchen.

Whoever manages to tame "this fire" has a culinary world at his fingertips...:rolleyes:

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Fighting a cold so had Chicken Noodle soup at my favorite deli this weekend. Miss those NY Deli's. sometimes a whole social event centers around breakfast with friends

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife made slow-cooked pulled pork for dinner, she used the bone and scraps for yummy vegetable barley soup at lunchtime, one daughter made two loaves of homemade bread the other had piano lessons then played for us after her instructor left- it was nice to be home today!

JMD and OceanEyes like this.
  4. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2nd Avenue Deli is my favorite - awesome place.