1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A fair and balanced review of the c from Australia

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ftl, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  2. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Nice review, but this line leads me to believe that Aussies aren't as "super-sized" as us Americans (generally speaking):

"There’s a surprising amount of rear leg and knee-room, as well as decent under-thigh support from the relatively deep seat squab."

3. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ooooh - I noticed those low profile rear headrest, sportier rear spoiler and that sky blue exterior (is that color available in the US of A)?

4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Our colour range is identical (different names, same colour codes). The base model pictured is Summer Rain Metallic and the i-tech puctured is Blue Streak Metallic. The i-tech has the dark Softex seats, the base model has the two-tone cloth seats (with light colouring).

Review isn't bad. SKS, Reverse Camera, USB input, power folding mirrors*, climate control and cruise control are standard features in both trim levels here despite the review implying these were part of the i-tech enhancements.

The article does slavishly repeat the old nonsense about being "noisy" (debunked in another thread here) and also seems to not quite get that driving without using the ICE doesn't require the EV button to be used. I also think they're being a bit self-contradictory with the steering and handling, though ultimately seem to be saying "it's fairly good but not perfect" which is probably fair.

On the upside, they got 52.3 mpg indicated without even trying and acknowledged the reality that is indeed easy enough to get the 55-57 I see even with my short commute handicap. Consumer Reports this isn't. :)

Incidentally, our equivalent of CR didn't think badly of the car either:

Toyota Prius C first look - CHOICE

* EDIT: Actually I'm not sure if the base model gets the power folding mirrors. This is not an advertised feature of the car.