1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A few more observations

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JRMurray, Mar 26, 2008.

1. JRMurray

JRMurray Magnetic Gray is the only way!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Went out on Easter Monday to a local dealership where my neighbour is a sales associate (or whatever they're called ... product advisor, maybe?) and took another Prius out for a test drive. This time, I test drove the basic model and was still impressed with the ride. When it comes time, however, we'll go for Package B, the Special Premium without Navigation.

Once again, I thought that the Prius was cooool! I was fooling around with the display when my neighbour asked me if I wanted to turn it off. No way! :) I love tech! Interestingly, she mentioned that most female test-drivers ask how to turn off the display, while most males like to play with it.

Another interesting tidbit: in discussing colour, my neighbour mentioned that the "traditional" colours--gray, white, black--tend to be timeless and therefore could possibly contribute to a better resale value. Don't know how true that is....

Anyway, I managed decent mileage in the short test drive that I took: around 6 l /100 km. I know that with practice, I could do much better, but to be fair to the Prius, my drive was only around 5-10 minutes long, and the car was cold. For those who know the Lower Mainland, the dealership is in the Automall in Richmond, so I just drove north to Ikea, got on Knight and went south to Westminster Hwy, and then back to the dealership.

So ... I'm close to getting one--just have to hear from the bank. We're most probably going to go for magnetic gray.

The next question will be how long it will take until we actually get one. Anyone know what the wait is like these days?

2. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife doesn't like to drive the car; she says it is too high tech. Some articles I read, recommended turning the display off because it is too distracting when driving. I like it too, and the novelty wears off after awhile; I hardly hit anything now. :rolleyes:

I also read where white is becoming the most popular color choice now (In US anyway) for new cars, replacing silver. Whether the color will make any difference on reselling a Pri, is anybody's guess. Some people are very color consious. However, I think I saw a survey that mag grey is the most popular color for the Pri.

I don't know what the leadtime is these days on delivery. The local dealer has several sitting on the lot. Getting specific packages and colors is always a challenge; they can usually transfer one in from another dealer.

Hope everything works out for you and welcome to the club.

3. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't know about Canada, but here once you have $ or financing resolved and if the dealer has the color and package that you want on his lot, you can drive it away in an hour or two.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds good! Yeah about the colours, he's right though. Just look at the colours of regular used sedans. They're usually beige, silver or white. Even the mid-90s when dark green reigned supreme, I haven't seen too many dark green used cars.

Just to let you know, the base Prius and the Premium package (with or without nav) have different screens. The base Prius has the lower res screen, the same one that the 04/05 models have as standard. The Premium pack models have the new high res screen. The layout (radio/climate) is slightly different and the background is black with a choice of orange or green highlights. The old screen had a choice of blue, green, beige or grey colour schemes.

5. Linden

Linden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I went in on a Wednesday and drove home with one the following Monday.

I went with White, only because I think the Prius looks really good in White (and it would have been 6-8 weeks to get blue) If I had chosen Silver, I could have went home with one that day.

As for the screen .. I'm female, and I'm hooked on that screen - then again, I'm also a techy person, so that could be why I like it so much.