1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A few more questions about buying a new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ronald56, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Ronald56

Ronald56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thank you everyone who took the time to respond to my other post. It looks like I am off to my local Toyota dealer to order the car in the morning. He says if I want a specific color it will take 5-6 weeks, but if I am not to particular only 2-3 weeks. Just a couple of other questions:

1] I still am not sure if you can get the Touring with leather?

2] I am reading some posts that are talking about the original tires not being very good, something about trading them for better tires. Anyone have a thought on that.

3] I am reading something about a BT plate, what is that?

4] Lastly, what color is the best, I know crazy question !!

Thanks again. - Ron

2. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1. You can get Touring with leather. (If you can find one)
    2. No comment
    3. Placebo effect.
    4. Black

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 10 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]459502[/snapback]</div>
    1] I still am not sure if you can get the Touring with leather?
    Don't know

2] I am reading some posts that are talking about the original tires not being very good, something about trading them for better tires. Anyone have a thought on that.
    I have 36,000 miles on the original tires and have had no problem with them.

3] I am reading something about a BT plate, what is that?
    I have no personal experience with the plate.

4] Lastly, what color is the best, I know crazy question !!
    The best color is Tideland. It was so good in '04/'05 they discontinued it. I'm sorry but you're going to have to settle on an inferior color. :D

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 10 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]459502[/snapback]</div>
    1. I'd imagine you can get the Touring with leather. I hate leather. If you wear shorts it sticks to your skin. The Prius cloth is exceptionally high quality.

2. The OEM tires (assuming they are the same now as they were in 2004) are not very good. I'd recommend a top-of-the-line tire in your preferred type and brand.

3. The BT Plate (sold here on Prius Chat) is supposed to improve handling by "stiffening" the chassis. Do a search here on PC and you will find several threads with many hundreds of posts arguing about it. Most of the people who have it swear it's like night and day. Several people who have it say there's no difference and it's all a placebo. Nobody has ever given a convincing explanation of how it supposedly achieves what they claim. An east-coast Prius club invited a Prius tech who said that the BT Plate cannot "stiffen" the chassis because it's attached in a place where no stiffening would occur.

4. Blue. :) Yes, it's a silly question. The best color is the color you (or your significant other) likes best.

5. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1: Don't know
    2. I think the original tires are fine and don't plan on replacing them untill they are worn out. I might have them siped before winter though.
    3. Don't know, but I haven't noticed the need for one on my non-touring.
    4. Magnetic Grey!! It has the sophistication of black, but it's metallic B) and easier to keep clean.
    Actually I'd be perfectly happy with any of the colors the Prius comes in.

7. priusunum

priusunum priusunum

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 11 2007, 12:58 AM) [snapback]459502[/snapback]</div>

8. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    re: #4:

He who wishes to cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

What is your name?
    What is your quest?
    What is your favorite color?

Blue...no, yellow...AAAAIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!

(Okay that was off the top of my head, so apologies if I misquoted.)

Me, I went with the Silver Pine Mica with gray interior and I love it. But down here there are so many in stock, and so many out on the roads, that you can easily weigh your choices before you get to the dealer and then reconsider them all once you get there. I'm surprised to hear that people in other areas are still having to order and wait for these cars.

9. Hal Howell

Hal Howell New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 10 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]459502[/snapback]</div>
    I got my base model with leather and love it. So, I'm sure you can get the touring in leather.
    I checked up on the Goodyear Integrity and found it had a good (not great) review. I'm certain that if you do the usual in keeping it inflated it will do fine. By the way they are rated as 50,000 mile tires. Not too bad.
    I don't have the BT plate and not sure I'm going to lose any sleep over it. I drove on the highway, was passed by 18 wheelers and noticed no untoward effects at all.
    Mine is Driftwod Pearl. Bisque interior. Good color for a reitred Chief Petty Officer since it realy looks like metallic kahki!

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nybiker @ Jun 11 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]459626[/snapback]</div>
    Very good. I vote for white. Scratches should be invisible as the primer is white. Now, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

11. BoHenriksson

BoHenriksson New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Got mine slightly used a few months ago, its light green, think that's a great color for a "green" car. The original tires now getting towards the end but have even wear and good drive, even though I pump'm up to 44/42. I would have preffered leather for the interior but the fabric is good quality and quite comfortable.
    So to sum it up - you can't go wrong. And what is not to love about getting 58 mpg average, and 60 on the highway. Yes, I do mostly stay within the speed limits, and drive with my head more than my foot, but that's about it!