1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A few New Jersey toyota dealers selling the Prius for sticker price only.. where should I buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sluday, Apr 28, 2008.

1. sluday

sluday New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went to one Toyota dealer and called the other and they said no deals on the Prius. Both dealers are selling for sticker price and won't haggle. One dealer was asking sticker for an 08 Prius that had 375 miles on it. Where should I go to get a better deal in New Jersey on the Prius? Is it possible to get a few hundred over invoice? I also have a Saturn to trade in so if they knock the price down and give me less for the trade they still win.

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You are going to be hard pressed to get a good deal on the Prius, just the way things are with rising gas prices, can be done, but only in areas that have a stockpile of Prius on the lots, which is not the case in most of the country. You might look in smaller cities further out in the country areas, where sales of smaller cars aren't that great.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prices are trending upwards because of high gas prices, low inventories and the apparent ending of production of 08's.

But Enorris just ordered a Standard Prius Package 6 at $100 above Invoice (about $2100 below MSRP), through Costco at Toyota of Westchester.

I would consider checking Costco.

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Like the guy said above you could try finding a dealer located out in the middle of nowhere. Try out in PA if you have to. It seems to me that lower volume dealerships actually care about your repeat business, rather then hosing you from the start.

5. Joe 26

Joe 26 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try Lawrence Toyota, inventory is on line. I got mine there 2 months ago for 500 over invoice. See Robert Moran, no hassles