1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A few newbie questions...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sunwukong, Feb 17, 2010.

1. sunwukong

sunwukong New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi All!

I just got my new Pkg V + nav prius this past weekend and am loving it so far. I feel like I know this car so well already given the amount of information this community provides.

There are a few things that are bugging me, and thought I'd ask you all to see if anyone is experiencing anything similar:

1.) When the speakers play any sort of bass-y notes, music or even just speech, my rear view mirror vibrates uncontrollably
    2.) At times when driving at freeway speeds, the passenger seat (when empty) also has some significant wobbling. Not really a big deal, just distracting out of the corner of my eye.
    3.) The prius gas pedal is pretty small, and after driving long distances (5 hours from SF to LA), the pressure becomes uncomfortable on my foot.

I know some of these sound nitpicky, but I thought I'd throw them out there. Thanks again for all of your help.

2. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    1 and 2 I can't help with.

For 3 I suggest using the cruise control when your foot becomes sore.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. I noticed it vibrates less than our 2005 Prius but usually it vibrates at higher volumes (I mean, sound travels by wave so you don't expect the mirror to NOT vibrate esp. since it's attached to the windshield)

2. Can't help you with that. It shouldn't wobble at all. Maybe a bolt is loose??

3. Cruise control =)

4. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. my car does this, and i have a prius II with no options. Also all of my other cars/trucks i have owned have done this, they had better radios but still.
    2. pretty much all other cars do this, i'm thinking your talking about the seat back/head rest. Normal, if you stop looking at it it wont bother you. Or have someone ride with you, it wont wobble anymore.
    3. Never noticed this, have you tried different kinds of shoes?

5. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1 - try lowering the base

2 - see the dealer

3- just like everyone else, cruise control