1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A few Prius Questions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jaw3000, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Jaw3000

Jaw3000 New Member

Ok, I’m looking at buying a new Prius, and I had a few questions that I thought somebody here may be able to answer for me and get more honest answers than from the dealership.

1. Can you get leather-faced seats for the Prius? How about a leather-wrapped steering wheel? I know Toyota doesn’t offer a factory option, but I have seen some dealers offer leather, which I’m assuming are slip covers. Who manufactures the covers (does Toyota) and what are the costs?

2. A few electronics questions: Can you get Sirius satellite radio in a Prius? Is there an auxiliary input for audio? Can you add one? And finally, is there an iPod adapter for the Prius, or what is the best way to hook one up?

3. Can the dealer install a sunroof without damaging the car (I don’t know why Toyota didn’t offer a factory option)?

4. What is the current cost of a replacement hybrid battery?

Thanks for your help!
    -Jeff

2. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    You're right, you can get good answers to all those questions here. Your best bet is to search the archives as these have all been discussed extensively. You will not get as much info by asking for a rehash of this many topics. here are some shot answers.

1 yes,yes,do the search, and there is a wide range.

2 yes,yes,yes,yes,do the search

3 no(it would hurt the co-efficient of drag)

4 non-issue because once your warranty is gone the costs will have dropped many times and most will last the life of the car. Wrecked rear ends get replacements on e-bay for 600$ from totalled front end cars.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Jaw, you have some really good perspective-buyer questions there. Either look up to the top-right corner of the screen for the menu, to the upper-left for the board navigation, or just click this link for the search page:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/search.php

I would think that searches in the following order would provide the answers you are looking for (note that I am on dial-up and am not going to actually perform the searches myself. your results may vary):

1) "Leather"; "Leather" + "Steering Wheel"; "Leather" + Seat"
    2) "Sirius"; "iPod'; "iPod to Prius"
    3) "sunroof" I know there is a good thread about this
    4) "Replace"+"hybrid"+"battery"

Hope you decide on a Prius. They're incredibly fun to drive and absolutely great cars.

And welcome to PriusChat!