1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A flip-flop that matters

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Alric, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wow.
    I have so underestimated our Vice President. This man clearly knows exactly what he's talking about.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The question was "Do you think US or UN forces should have moved into Baghdad."

Certainly no forces under UN command as for the comparison between the two . . .

Apples and Oranges

If I remember correctly . . .
    1) Kurds agreed this time not to split from Iraq (GW II or “Gulf War IIâ€).
    2) Since the UN isn’t there interfering the US can contain both Syria and Iran (GW II)
    3) UN mandate was to stop once Iraq was out of Kuwait. (GW I or “Gulf War Iâ€)
    4) The surrender terms were not honored in addition to a dozen or more UN Mandates that authorized force to be used to ensure compliance (GW II).
    5) Everyone and I mean everyone that mattered thought he had WMD's (GW II).
    6) The decision was also made to stop when everyone expected Saddam to be overthrown (GW I).

This interview was over 12 years ago and it seems by the tenor of the posts on youtube that it has just now been discovered!?! They should have been using this in the 2004 Presidential election. OK, so now that I know of it, I promise not to vote for "W" or Dick again . . . :lol: :p
    With such well informed citizens and voters all I can say is thank goodness we now have a “Do Nothing Congress†and will soon have a President that has balls but no testosterone (not that she needs any) to go along with them.

Wildkow

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 12 2007, 02:21 AM) [snapback]494234[/snapback]</div>
    I think the point is that the outcome is exactly what they knew 12 years ago would be, and they still went in. I hope in the end the reasons were not:

a) to create a distraction for political purposes.
    B) to prevent fluctuations in oil prices.
    c) to launder money through contract military organizations.

Which are more likely than anything they presented to the original public as justification for the war.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 12 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]494293[/snapback]</div>
    I believe the reason was Junior wanted his own real-life GI Joes to play with just like Dad did.

6. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 12 2007, 12:21 AM) [snapback]494234[/snapback]</div>
    So if someone who is 20 is commenting on the video now you would say they should've been aware of it at the age of 8? <_<

Your "memories" are completely irrelevant. If they were then why didn't Cheney cite any of them as reasons why the first Gulf War didn't result in an invasion of Baghdad? Why didn't he cite the UN mandate was to "stop once Iraq was out of Kuwait?" Why didn't he cite that "everyone expected Saddam to be overthrown?"

What he did cite was exactly what we now know to be true and more importantly, what our government did virtually nothing to prevent. THAT is the point. Get it?

Why did we allow the antiquities of the nation to be looted? Why was our first security priority the Oil Ministry? Why did we not take more effective steps to ensure that the cauldron of civil wars that is now near a roiling boil were mitigated? You would say we don't have a right to question why if all of the things that Cheney spewed were known then why was our strategy for managing the post war occupation more effective? :blink:

Who are the "well informed voters" you criticize? The kids on youtube.com posting idiotic unsupported rantings? Look in a mirror. Testosterone but no balls? Cite and support the issues you disagree with or shut up. You're a troll.

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, but you forgot. Saddam attacked us on 9/11 and was going to attack us with nuclear and biological weapons one month later. We got him in the nick of time this time.

8. ohershey

ohershey New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tballx @ Aug 12 2007, 09:35 AM) [snapback]494301[/snapback]</div>
    Whoa! Easy there! While I nearly always disagree with Kow politically, there's no call for that sort of thing! He may annoy you, and you may disagree with him, but there's no reason to sink to that level of discourse. Shoot him down, but don't insult him.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 12 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]494583[/snapback]</div>
    (Shaking head) Well, even I've got to admit that burritos is using a small electric motor on THAT one.....

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tballx @ Aug 12 2007, 09:35 AM) [snapback]494301[/snapback]</div>

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 12 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]494293[/snapback]</div>
    I'd say the reasons were A and C. Plus, George Senior was a combat veteran and knows what it is to sacrifice American lives. George Junior couldn't give a flying F how many Americans are killed in the effort to boost his political popularity and make his cronies rich.

(Parenthetical note: Neither of them cares how many non-Americans are killed!)

11. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 12 2007, 05:49 PM) [snapback]494226[/snapback]</div>
    This one?

[attachmentid=10684]

Attached Files:

12. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius