1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A "Fresh Start" for bad advertising

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by Teacake, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I currently own a Honda Civic.

I receive email notices and newsletters from my Honda dealer.

But I was extremely tickled by the picture that was the giant HEADER of my email. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a picture of a Toyota Prius start button...in a Honda email ad? :LOL:

Honda Fresh Start.jpg

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that would be ironic. perhaps honda copied it to the insight?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There are some Hondas (or as some call them... Hon-duhs) and Acuras w/push button start. Not sure about the context of that pic though.

4. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This push button start is pretty much the standard design on all cars. If anything, everyone is copying the original which I believe date back to the Honda S2000.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No it isn't.

Nissan's look nothing like that. See 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid Intelligent key, for example. (And no, the key fob doesn't need to be anywhere near the button.) The Volt's also doesn't look like that (scroll almost halfway down 2013 Chevy Volt | Electric Car | Chevrolet). Also see these others: Push-Button Start On The 2012 Chevy Cruze | GM Authority and 2012 BMW 3-series Modern sedan engine start/stop button photo.

6. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The modifier is "pretty much." If that is too colloquial, I can substitute, "a lot". If that is still unacceptable, then you are absolutely right.

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sam Swope's motto is "Nobody Walks Away!" and he has a BUNCH of dealerships including at least two Toyota stores so---you'll be able to scratch that hybrid itch without even changing dealerships---or brands for that matter if it's just a hybrid that you want....or even a hybrid with a push button start! ;) Actually...Sam's nephew runs the show now, but you get the idea.

IIRC.... The start button in "my" G3 doesn't say "fresh" and no. Priuses weren't the first....aren't the only...and won't be the last car or truck that has a start button start however (comma!) we're one of the few without a starter motor...or a belt.

A Prius "C" makes a good stocking stuffer! :D