1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A list of totally FREE charging stations in the So Cal area

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by priusenvious1, Dec 14, 2012.

1. priusenvious1

priusenvious1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I thought I'd start a list here so that people don't have to fumble through a map and click on all the different plots to find this info. Let's try to be as specific as possible too so that it's easier to identify the exact spot.

So the criteria is if you don't have to pay for parking at all, and the charging station is totally free...

• Santa Monica Place (Parking lot on Colorado and 4th): 2 hours free parking, free charging station
    • Hermosa Beach (Pier Ave in front of the Becker surf store): 2 hours free parking, free charging station
    Where else?

2. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    On plugshare, you can set a filter so that it shows free stations only. On iOS, you can even set this as the default.
    Oh I see what you mean.
    Okay, well, Torrance city hall is free forever while charging.

John Hatchett likes this.
  3. priusenvious1

priusenvious1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We can also join with other non-PIP owners to support each other... Starting a group: Log In | Facebook

4. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I would strongly recommend using the apps or dynamic web sites for this rather than a static list. These can change at a moments notice.