1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Little Bonus I Didn't Know About!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by XLR8, Dec 19, 2005.

1. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Against the advice of a few here, I went ahead and got the "Vehicle Shield Package". I've had a couple of friends tell me it did indeed help on the sound thing.

Anyway, it comes with "Rental Car Assistance".

If you have to have your Prius in the shop for over a day, you rent a car and Toyota will reimburse you up to $30/day for it. You do have to send in a copy of the receipt.

It was a $349.00 package and came with the undercoating and sealant.

OK, I could live without this "sealant" but with the sound shield and (God forbid) an overnight or two stay at the service shop, I think it might be worth it for me.

I didn't know if most knew this but thought I'd add it here.

Aaron

2. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you get an extended warrantee... it also includes a car rental if I remember right.

/Jim

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh, does it?

Any limitations on the car rental under the extended warranty? Because I have one and I was told I didn't have car rental.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Well, $350's not outrageous, but now you have to tell US whether the undercoating deadens the road noise at all! First, you have to buy a decibel meter (only a few hundred bucks)... :lol:

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought the regular warranty also covered a car rental??? Maybe Troy will enlighten us! I have to go back and read my warranty info.