1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Little Help from the Prius Crew - Vimeo Canon HD Beyond the Still Competitiion

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by philobeddoe, Sep 4, 2010.

1. philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Guys and Gals

I'm soliciting a little assistance from The Prius Collective.

A very close personal friend and business partner has been chosen as a finalist in the Canon Beyond the Still Contest on Vimeo

The Story Beyond The Still on Vimeo <----- Linky

His name is Tony Leech, his entry is Chapter 7: Exit Interview.

I would truly appreciate it if y'all would register on Vimeo - use your board names - and vote for Tony's entry, Chapter 7: Exit Interview

Tony is an accomplished shooter, and has co-written, co-directed, and edited a handful of Hollywood films, and is currently working now on his first full length feature film, he also has a short film premiering at the Woodstock Film Festival next month, and recently won a Reunite Spec Commercial contest ...

happy to talk more about it later.

You can watch all the Beyond the Still installments on Vimeo, as well as the other finalists for Chapter 7, in fact please do, as you'll see that Tony's chapter is head and shoulders above the competition.

The Story Beyond The Still on Vimeo <---- Linky

Tony is a very talented filmmaker with a lot of promise, and I think he knocked it out of the park with Exit Interview, and his actors, producers and the Goldtooth guys really delivered.

Please take a few minutes to check it out, and log in a vote for Tony.

I'd like to see his hard work and flawless execution validated with a win, so please help me make this happen.

Thanks.

- philo

Here is a little info on Vimeo's Canon HD Project

THE STORY BEYOND THE STILL
    It's the first ever user-generated HD Video Contest where photographers become filmmakers, and we all see beyond the still. Last month Marc Jonathan de Jesus was chosen as the winner of Chapter 6 for his film "Fool Circle," based on his interpretation of a still photograph left at the end of the previous winning chapter. Marc's film was the sixth chapter of seven, ending with a still photograph of its own for the Vimeo community to once again interpret. After a wave of Chapter 7 entries, here are the five finalists. Please watch all five and cast your vote for the winner. Then, stay tuned, because on 9/9, the contest's final winner will be announced and a new still will guide the way for Chapter 8 - the final chapter of The Story Beyond The Still to be shot by Vincent Laforet in collaboration with all the chapter winners!

and here is Tony's Vimeo page if you'd like to see more of his amateur HD work ... for the professional stuff, check Netflix or a theater near you sometime soon

[ame=http://vimeo.com/14434107]Chapter 7: Exit Interview on Vimeo[/ame] <---- Tony's personal page on Vimeo

/

2. philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    help a brother out, unfortunately this competition is a popularity contest, so's I'm already behind the eight-ball ... thanks

The Story Beyond The Still on Vimeo

[ame=http://vimeo.com/14434107]Chapter 7: Exit Interview on Vimeo[/ame]

3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tony has won the competition, thanks for all of your help.

4. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The video out of the Canon 5D Mk2 and the 7D are little short of amazing.