1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A new high for my MPG!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Porky Pine, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

Ever since I got the car last Oct, my mpg's were avg in the mid to high 40's while it peaked once up to about 51. All these times, the MFD milage was never more than 3 miles off. Today, the MFD was giving me a avg of 50.5. I calculated the milage at the pump and found out that it was actually 57.33! I knew something was up when it took the car 484 miles to get to the last square in the guage.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wtg!! i am getting the same readings too. it must have something to do with the warmer weather or something. i have had 5 tanks in a row where the pump figures have been over the MFD. up until this started happening, for the most part each take turns being high

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my pump readings have always been higher than mdf. When mdf achieved 59.1 it was calculated to about 62. Currently i'm calculating 372 miles at 50... 50... i think it's 57.3 or somethign like that. Since i use " no arrows " it's actually higher.

4. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I climb 3000 ft. everyday and my MPG has been about 47. Last tank I hit 50.4. What a great psycological difference!