1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A new low in crassness?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    and speaking of Fox:

Be On The Lookout For Any Statements From The Iraqi Insurgents...Thrilled At The Prospect Of A Dem Controlled Congress

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/11/14/f...o-_n_34128.html

Huffington Post has obtained an internal Fox News memo written by the network's Vice President of news. The memo details Fox's game plan the day Democrats won control of both the Senate and the House.

[​IMG]

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm surprised he had time to write a book. Isn't he still looking for the killers? :huh:

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

My first thought was ... why did OJ write a book and do a show?

Doesn't all the money go to goldberg's dad?

Then, the topic of the book appears to lessen the public opinnion of himself. Everyone who didn't already settle on it being OJ as the killer probably will by the time he's done explaining himself.

Weird.. Does anyone understand the angle for OJ on this?

6. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 15 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]349517[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting stuff, for anybody with doubts that faux news is a propaganda outlet. Who was the message sent to ? Editorial writers, or journalists in charge of 'news' stories ?

7. VinceDee

VinceDee Member

Book and TV program cancelled:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15818960/

NEW YORK - After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special “If I Did It.â€

“I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project,†said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. “We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.â€

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You KNOW something is sleazy when Geraldo Rivera complains how tasteless and crass it is.

9. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll give OJ's driver credit for being the most watched hypermiler ever. :p

10. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Nov 20 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]352366[/snapback]</div>
    It's been canceled.

11. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 20 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]352371[/snapback]</div>
    Blast! I hustled over to Amazon and the book is now unavailable. Not to read - as an investment. I had hoped to stash a few copies of this book as it is an historical curiosity, destined to become a REAL collectors' items in a few years. The cancellation now vastly increases the book's investment value overnight! It has been made a truly rare 1st edition. I envy the lucky ones who got signed copies (!!!) - those tawdry volumes ought to fetch hundreds or even thousands a few years from now. And when OJ dies - their value will increase yet again.

Oh well.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

12. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Nov 20 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]352382[/snapback]</div>
    It's this kind of thinking that keeps sleeze alive and kicking. Is money the only true value anymore? Is there anything that one wouldn't touch with rubber gloves on? I read one time of a man who had a fingernail clipping of Hitler. I bet that's really worth something!

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If the book had been published, and if I were a bookstore clerk, I would have had a stack of books by the front door with a sign on it saying "shoplifters welcome".