1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A photo for the mileage skeptics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by qbee42, Mar 18, 2007.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    [attachmentid=6940]

It's finally warming up a bit here. As you can see in the photo, it was 36°F today, sometimes 34°F. Much of this mileage was at much colder temperatures. The big advantage is that the snow is off of the roads in most places. This is typical mileage for us in cold weather. No special driving techniques, no pulse and glide, just normal driving. It represents a mix of 55 mph county roads and some short trips in town.

Tom

Attached Files:

2. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seeing your photo makes me feel good. That is about what mine looks like, average driving and with our temperatures. We also have our roads clear of around a foot of snow. Come on spring.

3. chuck kershner

chuck kershner New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Mar 18 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]408005[/snapback]</div>
    Nice shot. I get mileage bars like yours but the average read-out is 10 mpg less. I wonder if there is a problem with the calculator in my system. Anyone know if this is or has been a problem or a condition or whatever? On a recent 160 mile trip, the yellow bars were consistently in the 50-55 range (with one at 100 mpg after 5 minutes) but the best my calculator reached was 38 mpg. The first half of the trip was up and down and over hills at varying speeds; the return side was on the New York Thruway at 60. There was no appreciable difference or mpg gain regardless of the terrain. Maybe now that I've hit 5K and with warmer weather coming my mileage will also start to look something like yours.

4. montelb@ada.k12.oh.us

[email protected] New Member

[attachmentid=6941]If I grabbed the correct picture, you'll see that my milage has gone up with the warm weather too! Sorry about the picture quality. It's my phone camera.

Attached Files:

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    How on Earth, Montel, are you getting that first segment at 75+?

I long for the day when I will see more segments pushing 75. Currently I'm seeing almost an entire 45 minute drive over 50. Bring on the warm weather!!

6. montelb@ada.k12.oh.us

[email protected] New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Mar 18 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]408184[/snapback]</div>
    It was a very warm afternoon, and my car had been sitting in the lot basking in the sun! I drove a short 2 mile trip to a friend's house and talked for about half an hour. Then I drove my 13 mile commute home using the "pulse and glide." It's the first time I'd seen that kind of display. With the dawning of spring, I hope to see many more days like that. Unfortunately, it's calling for wintry mix for the next couple days around here. I could post some of more typical display pictures if you're interested.