1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Prius is comin in!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SyZyGy, Mar 9, 2005.

1. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

I just talked to my dealer and he said that an 05 silver BC is coming in march 16-23. He's asking $26839. Is this a logical price? Man o man do I want this car, reeeeeaaaalllllly bad. Plus I never had to wait in line. :mrgreen:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did your dad finally decide to trade in the Lexus?

3. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

My dad's business partner needs a new car because his sebring is crapping out on him. I nearly crapped my pants when he asked my dad if the Lexus was for sale. My dad said yea. He asked if he was able to make payments. My dad responded, "Yea, one payment (jokingly)". :mrgreen: The down side is that my dad is going to drive the prius because I don't have my license yet. I'm scared, just recently he accidently, somehow got some blue injecta color (from chroma inject colors for making colored plastics(a client of his business)) on the carpet of his lexus. We were lucky that it came out, because the dye never dries, it only solidifies when heated to a specific temp. I just don't want him to wreck my soon to be car. The lifetime mpg is probably gonna be lower too, because he's a leadfoot driver. Sigh, I'll have to teach him how to drive economically.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SyZyGy\";p=\"71042)</div>
    It's about MSRP with port shipping. If that includes tax & tag, it is a great deal. If not, not too bad of a deal.

5. ross33

ross33 New Member

sounds like a good deal, good luck prying dad away from behind the wheel! Oh wow! a BLUE PRIUS just drove by ! have fun!

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Any chance you can bring the new Prius to the Chicagoland meet-up this weekend? We'd sure love to see it.

7. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Probably not because the guy thats gonna buy our Lexus is out skiing and will be back sunday the 13th. The Prius is arriving at the dealership the 16th-23rd. Well I gotta go, off to school.

8. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Before I meet the salesman next week, is there anyway that I might be able to convince the salesman to lower the sticker price to msrp?

9. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, walk away from the purchase. No dealer needs to or deserves to get a premium on any vehicle they sell. If they get a premium they are maknig too much money. Toyota has already built in the dealer profit into the MSRP.