1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Prius Owner Runs for Congress

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kenworthey, Jul 27, 2005.

1. kenworthey

kenworthey New Member

Read about him here:

http://www.hackettforcongress.com/index.ph...e=display&id=80

He doesn't mention models, but based on the mileage, it sounds like he started in an Insight, and recently moved to a Prius. It's the only "large model" hybrid that could average over 50 mpg. (I'm pretty sure the Civic Hybrid doesn't.)

I sent him twenty-five bucks. We Prius owners have to stick together. :)

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

If he joins PriusChat and we give him points, does he have to report that in his campaign funding report? Could make a real difference in the election...well, it could!

3. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hmm - almost make me wish I lived 5 miles east of where I do - then I could vote for him! ah well. Best of luck to him.

4. PaPrius

PaPrius Member

Unfortunately, Paul Hackett lost the special election by about 3,500 votes out of more than 112,000 that were cast.

Click here to read MSNBC's report on the special election.

5. kenworthey

kenworthey New Member

Wow -- in such a heavily republican district, that is mighty close. I would actually consider it a success! Perhaps there will be more to come from Mr. Hackett in the future.

6. Blue-Adept

Blue-Adept Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I hope he runs if he survives another tour in Iraq. He said some truthful but politcaly nasty things about bush. He might end up dead before he can run again.

Ironic but inteligent that a guy serving his counrty in an oil war buy's a car that is so oil stingy. Smart guy.