1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Prius Repair Success Story

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ggood, May 30, 2006.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    SUCCESS!

For those new to my travails, I'm the poor soul who botched an install of the Coastal auto door lock kit by damaging his ECU plug. The original thread is HERE. However, I'm now happy, happy, happy to report that although there was minor damage to the top of the locking tab mechanism, the tab is actually still in good, working condition.

It turns out there was a piece of something stuck somewhere in or on the socket for the ECU plug. Once that was found and removed, the plug works just fine! So, I just saved the cost of having the wires from the old plug re-inserted in the salvaged ECU plug I got from autobyours.com (an excellent place to look for salvaged Prius parts).

Major kudos to Steve at autobeyours, and to Galaxee for pointing me in his direction and confirming the part was not available new. Also to Becool, who tried to help me track down his poor dead Prius. But the biggest kudos go to whatever Prius tech at Fred Haas Toyota (Houston) found the real cause of the problem. I never saw it, and neither did the hapless tech at Patterson Toyota (Wichita Falls) who took a week just to figure out the ECU plug was involved in the problem (after being told to look for exactly that). I'd shoot that guy, but I'd probably have to start with myself! :D

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all right! :D

glad that you were able to find a solution, and that it was even easier than you thought!

3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base