1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ratso, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ratso

ratso New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi All-
    I am looking into purchasing a 2008 Prius, but on 2 separate the Car Fax reports (for 2 different 2008 models), it stated that the "electrical system was serviced" on 2 occassions.

What does this mean and should I be concerned?

Thanks!

2. SpikeVFR

SpikeVFR New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    seems weird to me, but hard to say without more info. It could be something minor like their radio didn't work or something. But it could also be indicative of something more, as a potential buyer, I would shy away and wait for the right one. did you try to ask the seller about it? Do they have the service records showing something minor?

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It could have been that the 12v battery was replaced.

4. ratso

ratso New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I did ask the dealer and they told me that no further detail was specified. The dealer alluded to the fact that it might just be the battery terminals being cleaned, but I did not exactly buy his response

5. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There aren't any known electrical problems with that model year. I wouldn't worry about it. Carfax is not the best when it comes to details...

6. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the work was done in a Toyota dealership you could always create a toyota owner.com profile and pull up the service history. If the work was done elsewhere I'd wait

1 person likes this.
  7. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried going to Car Fax for more information what that might mean?

There's nothing specifically wrong with the 2008, I don't think there's any electrical recalls on any 2004-2009 Prius, so I would assume it was some minor maintenance item.

The front passenger sensor on my Prius went out at one point (it gave a warning that it couldn't disable the passenger side air bag), so I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the sensor under warranty. I wonder how that would show up on CarFax, if at all.