1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A reputable place to buy a 2nd gen battery module?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Greentrip, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Greentrip

Greentrip Junior Member

I have one module that needs to be replaced. I really hate looking at ebay etc for modules because there's no way that I can see to determine which sellers are trustworthy.

Does anyone have a recommendation please?

Thanks!

2. Tynyyn

Tynyyn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Chad Vaught in Crane, MO - (417) 723-1614, 4177231614 | 411

Chad Vaught lives and works in Crane Missouri. If you ever are looking at his place of business you'll notice that he has around 200+ Prius sitting in his yard. Most are damaged and are there to pull parts from. He has all year models. I've talked to Chad a couple of time and had him work on my brakes. You might want to call him and see if he has what you want. Maybe he will pull a module out of a car and send it to you or maybe not. I will say this.....he knows his stuff about Prius's. But be forewarned....Chad is a straight shooter. Don't try to beat around the bush with him. Tell him what you need and where it needs to be sent and then let him tell you if he wants to do business with you or not. It might be such a small item that he doesn't have the time to pull it and send it out. Or maybe he'll accomodate your request. But just don't act like a whiney butt. If you ever get to look into his office you'd think you are in "little Bass Pro shop". All the deer heads and over ten bear pelts is an awesome sight. Chad is a good guy, but very busy. So if you call, just state what you need and let him decide if he can help you or not.

Greentrip likes this.
  3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    https://2ndlifebattery.com/product-category/toyota/

@PriusCamper buys all his modules from Joe at 2ndlifebattery.com in Bend OR for rebuilding packs.

MrPete and Greentrip like this.