1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Small Case of Road JOY!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dreichla, May 9, 2005.

1. dreichla

dreichla New Member

With all the hoopla going on in here regarding "road rage", I thought I might share an occurence which happened to me today which might typically send some into a fit if fury.

You see - I was cut off by a driftwood pearl Prius. She mad a quick left turn into the bank. It wasn't like I had to slam on my brakes, but it perked me up a bit.

Then I thought to myself - wow - what a great looking car! And at that moment, just seeing that peppy little car scoot across in front of me turned my surprise to JOY!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am guilty of having once cut in front of another Prius. I was coming on to the Interstate on the extreme right of multiple lanes and needed to get into the extreme left in about 300 feet. Matters were complicated by the upcoming toll both which causes otherwise sane people to swerve in all directions foresaking turn signals and all loaws of physics.

In my haste, I cut in front of a nice red salsa, crossing from her right to her left, punching the gas and speeding off. In some situations, crazy driving is par for the course on the Tri-State around Chicago and I don't feel bad, but this was "one of my own". On the other had, if the Prius really was a sluggish as some critics make it out to be, I'd never have made that exit.

Unfortunately, the whole thing went by so fast, I didn't have time to wave or present a PriusChat business card. Maybe next time.