1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A story and two DTC codes.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by andydrew39219, Dec 3, 2008.

1. andydrew39219

andydrew39219 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok, I a am junior (11th grade) at a small school on a small island off the coast of Maine. For our alternative fuels class we chose to purchase a wrecked 2004 prius (with factory NAV) and repair also doing some modifications. about a year ago we purchased it and have stripped a lot of stuff off of it but being that the class is twice a week its hard to get alot of work done. for my part of the project my teacher found something that would be useful for our prius, its called CAN-view (for more information about CAN-view go to the CAN-view website, just google CAN-view it should be hybridinterfaces. something, i would directly link it, but this is my first post so i am not aloud to directly link things ). one useful thing about CAN-view is that it detects all the DTC codes, our prius has two DTC codes, that i can not seem to find anywhere I look, i can find the two codes for other cars made by different manufacturers but not the codes from toyota or prius specifically. The two codes are P0111 and P1800. I have determined that it is an engine problem and I am almost sure its to do with the powertrain (hence the P infront of the 4 digit numbers) but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated, hopefully someone will know these two codes.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I looked for both codes but neither one is listed in my 2007 Prius Manual. I am attaching a listing of all of the P (Powertrain) codes listed for the 2007 Prius.

Attached Files:

3. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Did a Google search on P0111 and across a couple manufacturerers it comes up as a problem with intake air temperature sensor.

Not too much luck on the P1800 code, but what I did find was a valve position switch circuit.

Hope this helps.

4. pvandrew

pvandrew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The code P0111: Air Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 CircuitRange Performance.

The other code I have no clue.

Pete