1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A suggested Minor Design Change!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Starky, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Starky

Starky Prius fan

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just got my first Prius, a 2008 with 10,000 miles 2 days ago from a nearby dealer. Car is a joy to drive and feels like brand new. Had one local owner...and was not from a rental fleet!

I was wondering wouldn't it be better if Toyota had designed the display panel with a slight tilt toward the driver where the framing around it could have been also redesigned to incorporate this change. It looks kind of square...sitting in the middle and facing dead center looking to the back!

I know they are designed for the car be easily built with the Right or Left Hand Drive, but this little change could have improved the aesthetics looks of the panel and made it a little more driver-friendly...in my opinion.

A new happy owner.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Prius Chat.
    The display is a marketing tool as much as a driver aid, it is for everyone in the car to see. The only problem I have with it is sun glare which can be fixed with a shade you can buy from the Prius Chat shop now.