1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A tale of two different reviews

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Marine Ray, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    perspective

Myles Vance and Marine Ray like this.
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    meh.

I'm old enough to remember when people in this forum were boycotting CR for their "unfair treatment" of Priuses.

People read Car Reviews for two reasons:
    Research.
    Purchase validation.

These days?
    Toyota lots are pretty empty and people are getting arrested for putting "I did that" stickers on gas pumps so I'm thinking that PPs can shrug off a middling Car and Driver car review if they just want to feel good about their new car purchase.

if a person is researching for a new car, then I think that there's more than a little justification for the review.....

"VERDICT:
    Compared with the latest plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles, the Prius Prime feels past its prime."

We're in the 7th year of the G4s, if you count the wireless models....and the PP has been on the street for 6 of those 7 years.
    If you do not take into account the styling (partially addressed with emergency cosmetic surgery in 2019) the 4th gen Priuses have been remarkably drama-free.

They're not exiting to drive.
    They're certainly not pretty.
    They're DANG sure not inexpensive.
    They just work.

If you're an urbanite who can make use the 25 mile battery range, they're great cars if you keep them long enough to pay back the initial sky-high buy-in.

Sorta like Priuses ALWAYS HAVE been. ;)

Marine Ray likes this.
  4. John roden

John roden Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm madly in love with mine, first new car in ages. Had an old rust bucket trailblazer that got 14 mpg on a good day. Put 25 k miles on mine in 8 mo's and really like it so far. The electric is fun but probably a regular one would have been fine, plus more room for my crap but the incentives were compelling

bisco likes this.