1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Texas resident drove to New Mexico...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rookie, May 5, 2005.

1. rookie

rookie New Member

Mkay, went to vacation in NM (Santa Fe area) - been there for 4 1/2 days, drove all the way. While at it, I ordered a Prius at the Santa Fe dealership (can get package #4 :) which is what I wanted).

All I can say is - WOW - people in NM definitely drive a lot of Priuses. I have seen so many that I stopped telling my wife when I'd see one, I'd just think "Oh, look" - and mention to her only the ones that had colors that she is interested in. There were two on our hotel parking lot too! As we were coming back, while still in NM, we saw a few, and as soon as we drove to Texas on hvy 40, I have not seen a single one all the way to DFW. Go figure!

Santa Fe dealer told me that they sell on average 30 a month. Impressive!

2. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Congrats! I'm also surprised at the number of hybrids in NM -- I live in a town of about 30K and there's about a dozen around. I had to go out of state to find a Prius, but I have heard that lately the Santa Fe dealership has been getting a bunch.

3. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have been to Rio Rancho from Lubbock a few times since we have gotten our Prius but haven't seen many in the Albuerqueque area. From what I hear there is a lot though.

There are several in Lubbock, about 10 from my recollection (6-7 04+ and 3 Classic). Although I guess with a town of 200K+ that isn't many.
    Whenever we have driven around in this area, and I don't think we have even seen a Prius outside of the Lubbock city limits. For awhile the Lubbock dealership was selling most of their cars to people from other places, but I'm not sure now.