1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A video of my Prius. (: Tell me what ya think, and the buyers remorse is going away! (:

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by That_Prius_Car, Aug 4, 2010.

1. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two

2. anonymoususer

anonymoususer New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad you like it more.

BTW you have been driving your car for a month with the Monroney sticker still attached? And hold your iPhone horizontal! :p

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm glad your buyers remorse is fading.

This absolutely is not meant as criticism towards you, just an interesting (at least to me) observation about differences in human nature. I found it interesting you still have the plastic liner and the window stickers on your automobile after over a month. For me? On every new car or even dealer bought used car I have ever purchased one of the first things I have done was remove the window stickers. For me? The automobile doesn't feel like it is mine, until I remove the window sticker.

I guess my oddity is I usually keep the window sticker filed away. I have found that if I go to sell it at some future date, private party, it really impresses people if you can show them the original window sticker...so I do keep it, BUT there is no way I'd go a month or more with the original stickers in the window...they drive me nuts...

But to each there own. I suppose keeping the stickers in the window is a way of trying to pro-long the new car, just purchased, experience.

I had grandparents, since passed away, but they were very methodical and detailed whenever they made a car purchase. It almost always became a special order, they'ed get EXACTLY what they wanted. But growing up, I noticed they would get it from the factory with the plastic covering the side panels and they would never remove it. They'ed maintain a car excellently and keep it for 10+ years, but never remove the protective plastic that came from the factory.

I think it was a psychology implanted by their living through and having memories of The Great Depresion and WW2. They were very careful about what assets or products, machines they purchased but then they maintained them in an almost obssesive way. Nothing wrong with that I guess. But they definently had a different attitude and I think my generation and younger have grown to look at products in a much more disposable light.

I've gotten off topic...sorry. But in anycase, sure enjoy your new Prius. By the way, I always thought that if I was going to spend money on an extra that nobody really needs BUT I thought simply looked really, really good? It would be the lighted door sills. My spartan attitude implanted by Grandparents tell me that it's a totally unnecessary extra...but IMO they look great.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Whoa! dizzy from walking around and around and around...

:p

5. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What you guys don't realize is he hasn't been driving the car for over a month. It has sat in the garage getting polished every day! HAHA it has like 30-40 miles on it if that!

6. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I think you like the Prius alright. You just don't like yours but you like your friend's Prius more because his Prius got solar sunroof, homelink mirror, illuminated door sill, etc.
    P.S. How and where did you get your Plug-in-Prius? I thought it isn't on sale yet. How much you paid for the Plug-in Prius?

7. skm009

skm009 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Video made me dizzy! Nice to know the remorse is going away. I am experiencing buyer's remorse myself, not on the Prius itself but the color(Blue Ribbon Metallic). I assure myself by saying its the most popular color in priuschat but haven't seen so many pics of that color to back the thought. Anyways, ride her more and you will enjoy her more. Red looks great.

I wonder what it would be like to have three Priuses sitting in a garage with one being a plug-in. That must be something.

8. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't understand...how do you dislike it or like it if you do not drive it?? Window sticker is still on...so, how do you even drive with the sticker still on it? Why is it still on there?! Didn't your dealer take the sticker down (and usually put it in glove box) when they detail your car prior to delivery? Is this a new way to show off to your friends? The other thread detailed how you did not like this Prius...but it is pretty clear that you have not driven it at all! I don't understand. Did i miss something?

9. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No I kind of took that from the video.

Could it be not so much The Prius and more just the wreck? My brother was in a very bad car accident when he was young and it took him a while even after healed to get back to driving.

Plus even when he started driving for a while he was so uptight that he was a horrible driver. It took a few years and some time living in NY before circumstance taught him how to drive again.

Maybe you just need to commit to a bonding Man, Machine and Nature road trip?

I don't think I could own a new car for a month and only have 50 miles on it....I don't think I could own a new Bicycle for a month and only have 50 miles on it.

10. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    A cynic might say:

Buyer's remorse? You got it as a 16th birthday gift--so if anything, it's receiver's remorse.

The car's a month old, and you have the Monroney sticker on the window, dash board airbag warning sticker (as does the other car in the garage), plastic on door sills, etc. still attached.

The car only has 65 miles after a month. How can you even have formed an opinion if you've not really driven it?

A cynic might say this is a spoiled teenager, who is looking a gift horse in the mouth, and might also be an attention whore to boot by posting a 9 minute video walking around and around his car.

By that's just what a cynic might say. :D

11. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had to create one also. I never had any doubts. Loved the car the day I brought it home. I am still dizzy from shooting the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5rV-J0TyE]YouTube - Prius Tour[/ame]

12. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Hey, Judgeless,
    Take it easy. The only thing I could hear in your video was your shortening of breath. I thought you were going to collapse at the end of the video. Afterall, you need to stay alive to enjoy your Prius. :D

13. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was trying to make it funny by running around the car real fast. I hit my arm on the garage door also. I must be getting old.

14. rpeek2

rpeek2 Dry Ice Juggler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In both videos I couldn't help but notice how clean they looked. If I walked around my car ONCE I'd probably trip over something before revolution 2. Kudos on the spiffy floors.

15. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was shocked on well the video above turned out using my point and shoot digital camera. I took another video of some of the stuff I added to the car and edited using MS Live Movie Maker. The software comes free with Windows and it is way too easy to use. This took about 15 minutes and I have zero video editing skills.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXRT5-r3VWg"]YouTube - Prius[/ame]

With a little better lighting and more time it would be pefect. Maybe this weekend I will try to perfect it.

I also lined the glove box and money tray with felt, installed auto headlights, tinted the windows and other stuff.

16. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sometimes I get stuff I'm not sure I like and leave the price tags on so I can return the stuff if I want to.
    ;)

17. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sure, you can return your car anyday...the damn "re-stocking" fee is what gets ya!! :D

18. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "/

19. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Um, just so I'm not mistaken, isn't this PriusChat?
    Where we all share our Prius'es & stuff? WELL, pardon me for showing mine sir.

20. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well first of all, way to make fun of someone, bravo to the two of you.

If you knew Austin at all you would know that he totally deserves a Prius, almost any Prius. He has been talking about wanting one since BEFORE they were cool and mainstream. He convinced his parents to get one. He convinced his friend's parents to get one. He has successfully convinced strangers to get one.

He gets excellent grades (like currently 100-115% not kidding) and he does a ton of work around the house. He actually does some work that most adults wouldn't be willing to take on, such as sitting for a dying woman.

His dad and I gave him the decision of upgrading from his 2nd gen into a 3rd gen because we experienced a problem on some gravel. I was the one that tried to push the 3rd gen on him because it's extremely safe. He has had his parents go through a nasty divorce and other untold tragedies have happened to him over the last few years and more so the last few months.

He has even helped demo these cars with the Toyota reps at green drive expo. Everyone calls him Prius boy for crying out loud. To be honest, if I didn't have the ability to help him get a Prius, I would probably hand him the keys to mine. I've never known anyone more deserving of one. He is believe it or not, a very grateful person. He just doesn't think about how other people will interpret his words or actions sometimes. He's been living in the adult world for some time, and it's hard for him to slow down and see himself as other people see him on the outside.

It's a big decision for someone that young to switch cars when you started with one excellent car to the next. Then he feels bad because the money was spent on him, he literally wants to go and get a job now and focus on paying me back what I put into it instead of focusing on his school work! I refuse to let that be 1st. If he wants to get a job at the dealership part time to chip in it's ok as long as his grades stay up.

I'm sorry I know this was a terribly long post, but I didn't want you guys getting a totally wrong impression of him. I know most people who are making these posts @ 16 might be brats, but I had to speak up for him because he totally is not.

-Brad

That_Prius_Car likes this.