1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A voice of reason -- from the Left???

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TimBikes, Mar 25, 2008.

1. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow - a surprising voice of reason from the Left on Global Warming...but as the Cockburn notes, it seems the Left is not so welcoming and warm of diverse views as they pretend. Link.

"...This turn to climate catastrophism is tied into the decline of the left, and the decline of the left’s optimistic vision of altering the economic nature of things through a political program. The left has bought into environmental catastrophism because it thinks that if it can persuade the world that there is indeed a catastrophe, then somehow the emergency response will lead to positive developments in terms of social and environmental justice...

...Since I started writing essays challenging the global warming consensus and seeking to put forward critical alternative arguments, I have felt like the object of a witch-hunt. One individual who was once on the board of the Sierra Club has suggested I should be criminally prosecuted...

...I think people have had enough of peer-reviewed science and experts telling them what they can and cannot think about climate change. Climate catastrophism, the impact it is having on people’s lives and on debate, can only really be challenged through rigorous open discussion and through a “battle of ideas"...

2. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, his opinion should be ignored because:
    1. He is not "climatologist"
    2. He is in the pocket of big oil
    3. The deabte is closed
    4. He's a denier
    5. He's a sinner
    6. His opinion isn't the same as mine
    7. Bush lied