1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A week old and already logged 600 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by vinnysca, Aug 18, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

My new Prius is a week old and I've logged on 600 miles! What a joy to ride and drive! I averaged 53 mpg with a lot of highway driving. I love the interior space, ergonomics, gadgetry, etc. I've done the following to my Prius this week:

1). Had my windows tinted.

2). I removed the silly plastic rings on my alloy wheels.

3). Had undercarriage coated at ziebart.

4). Installed mudflaps.

5). Bought and installed aftermarket circuit that makes the doors all lock once the car reaches 15mph (it was very easy to install).

I am waiting on current orders on a pair of sheepskin seat covers for the front seats (eventhough I have leather interior, having sheepskin is convenient during very cold and hot temperatures). As well as a dash cover made of velour.

Vince.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on your new car! I have over 21K miles and still love it.

Be sure your sheepskin covers won't interfere with the airbags in the sides of the seats. Safety before comfort...

3. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

Congrats! Mine has 3,800 miles but I'm finally getting around to "pimping my ride". LoL.
    1) Tomorrow morning all windows will be tinted.
    2) Still have to order mud flaps
    3) and custom-fit sun shade for the windshield. Not the ones from PriusChat (HeatShield Sunshade) because they're infamous for sagging and being annoying to roll up/out.
    4) I don't mind the plastic wheel rings as much as everyone else, though, so they're staying.
    5) Considering installing Prius Body Side Mouldings. For looks as much as protection.
    6) Considering installing EV.
    7) Considering clear or black bra.

Are you going to add or change anything else? What's the purpose of coating the undercarriage? I'm looking it up now on Priuschat, and if I find out the answer I'll edit the question out. Thanks!

4. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I had the undercarriage coated solely for protection against the salts that they put on the roads during Winter here in Ohio. It helps protect against chips from the debris that we get on the highways here.

Can you post pictures of the body molding when you install it? I want to see what it looks like.

The only thing that I forgot to mention is that I also ordered a shark fin antenna. I will install it and replace the factory antenna on my Prius.

Oh, and after a couple of years when all my tires have worn out, I will plan to replace my 15inch wheels to 16inchers. That's all I plan to do in pimpin my Prius. For now. LOL.

Vince.

5. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

How much does the tinting cost?

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Aug 20 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]306213[/snapback]</div>
    Don't know if you were just interested in your color car only, but here's the moulding installed on my Seaside, tinted glass, and the Shark Fin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

It cost me about 249.00 to tint my PRIUS

Very nice. I'm glad I ordered them for my car. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thanks for the pics. They look nice and I'm sure it'll be worth it for my car to put them on too.