1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Yaris Hybrid review that all C owners should read

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by pakitt, Jul 15, 2012.

1. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This is a the most detailed review I have read in a long time about an hybrid.

There is a *lot* of information on the drivetrain and HSD.

The Yaris Hybrid and the C have the *SAME* exact drivetrain, hence if you are interested in details of what you have under the hood of your C, this review is for you:

Toyota Yaris Hybrid (2013)

Thanks to PC member Mister MMT for posting this review here (along with additional 3 reviews).

Ryephile, Sergio-PL and SILVERCwSUN like this.
  2. dick_larimore

dick_larimore Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting read, but this a sales pitch from Toyota and not a review. I noticed that the hybrid power train warranty is only 5 years in Europe.

3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well it is a good sales pitch with a lot of details that no other review provides.. ;)

Yes, even my Prius has 5 years warranty on the hybrid drivetrain. 100.000km is a lot for European distances (I have the Prius since almost 3 years and did about 50.000km - this is what some of you US drivers do in a couple of years...easy. Also the average age of cars in Europe is younger than the US (the oldest, I think I read recently, in the whole western world - you guys apparently *never* change car... :) ). So we tend to change them sooner rather than later. I plan to keep my Prius for no more than 7-8 years. I will likely need a more fuel efficient and lower tax car by then.

5 years is way more than what other manufacturers offer standard in EU, even on more expensive cars (i.e. Mercedes, BMW and Audi). 3 years/50.000km on non-hybrid is also quite a lot and not always offered.
    The only ones offering more are KIA (to gain market share) and a few others typically when they want to get market share or for a specific model, but not on a consistent basis.

4. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right. It is the "press map" text of Toyota published upon the launch of the YH. I should have mentioned that. Nevertheless, it is providing a detailed description of many of the technical features you have on the Prius C, so Pakitt is right to say it may be of interest for PC users. Both PC and YH are excellent super-minis. From 2014, the YH sold in North America will be produced in Europe. Does this mean one day, the YH will be for sale on this market?

Jan

5. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Good find....very informative, thanks for sharing this article.

6. Toothpicker

Toothpicker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What caught my attention , that they are stating avg 3.5l/100km gas consumption for Yaris H.
    Which translates into 67.21MPG. And this is way better then what PriusC is rated for in the US.
    And is way better then 53.3MPG I am averaging for my PC2 5300 miles life.
    Is this because there are no ethanol additives in regular gas in EU?

7. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, it simply is because the EPA rating is thougher and closer to real life. In reality, most people will come close to your consumption, which is not bad at all.

Jan