1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A2DP Bluetooth Audio Delay

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Beven, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Beven

Beven New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi all --

So I've just noticed this on my new phone when pairing to my 2010 Prius...

When using Google Maps/Waze and pumping thru audio via Bluetooth, what should sound like, "Turn left in 1.5 miles" gets cut to .."five miles..." Seems that there's a delay by the time audio gets pushed thru the phone to the unit.

Anyone have this happen?

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I noticved the same thing while I was wasting time waiting on my boy's scout meeting. I watched a movie via Netflix on 3G, through the car audio, and there was a slight lag. Didn't make the movie experience any worse.

3. nguyenvht

nguyenvht Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How do you get your A2DP bluetooth streaming audio to work in the first place? I can make a receive phone calls through the bluetooth, but haven't been able to play music through it.

4. JoelIrwin

JoelIrwin New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    For phones that are also a2dp, you should only have to pair once through the display such as I did with my iPhone 4. If you are using a non-phone bluetooth a2dp device, see if that devices identifies your car on its display. Both devices need to be put into a discovery mode to find each other and do the pairing.

If you have never gotten a2dp to work or can't see the car in discovery mode on your a2dp device, check to see if the feature is available for your model at all.

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    BT audio streaming is only available (in the US) with nav.