1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aargh! Do I need to change my name?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheLastPicasso, May 2, 2006.

1. TheLastPicasso

TheLastPicasso New Member

When I first registered I tried to register as Melissa or MelissaB, but the names were taken or the website wasn't working properly or something, so I registered as TheLastPicasso not expecting in a million years somebody else had that name here. Is there a real TLP? I have to admit I haven't had the time to read every page of this thread. http://priuschat.com/TheLastPicasso-chosen...d33-t17715.html

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No worries, your name is fine. If it were already taken, Priuschat would not have let you choose it as your new name. That thread, and several others around here, use a special type of code that allows each indiviual Priuschatter see THEIR name in the title and throughout the thread (it's called the [*you*] code, but they take out the *'s when typing it in). :)

3. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheLastPicasso @ May 2 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]248764[/snapback]</div>
    NOOOO

It is a 'trick' of the posting board. It makes your name, or whomever is signed on to read a posting, with their name appearing in a bracketed 'you'. Anyway it said I AM THE POSTER OF THE YEAR! :D :lol: ;)

4. TheLastPicasso

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Catskillguy @ May 2 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]248768[/snapback]</div>
    Okay, we need a blushing smilie here. I'm so embarrassed. :eek:

5. priusblue

priusblue New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheLastPicasso @ May 2 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]248764[/snapback]</div>
    No - no worries - it's a joke - somehow they rig it up to put whatever your name is in the title so that you see your name there! Pretty freaky! Log back out, and go to that thread and you'll see it says "guest"!

Be on the lookout!

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Catskillguy @ May 2 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]248768[/snapback]</div>
    Catskillguy is correct, it was very clever and at first it was funny, but it has worn out its welcome and I personally think it should die a quiet death. Now it just preys on the new people, and it’s a little cruel.

By the way, Welcome :p

7. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheLastPicasso @ May 2 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]248769[/snapback]</div>
    No need to be embarrassed. I've been here since Aug '05 and when I first saw that thread, it actually took me several pages until I realized they weren't really talking about me...LOL!!

8. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think there's anything wrong with a little hazing, as long as it is done in the right spirit. I think most people use the [*you*] tag in a friendly, humorous way. Even though I'm usually on the lookout for it, I've been fooled more than once by it. I don't resent the people that have used it; I'm usually amused that they've managed to fool me *again*. Of course, some people (i.e. [you]) don't really have a sense of humor about it. :D

9. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've always wondered on that thread if each person sees their response as the first one too......

everyone should be able to laugh at themselves, it would make for a much happier world....

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    yea [you] its not your fault its just the you tag your it :).

11. TheLastPicasso

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 2 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]248789[/snapback]</div>
    Well, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread. I just read the first, last, and next to last. I thought there was something fishy, but I've never seen this on a message board before. :lol:

12. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    << some people (i.e. Prius Maximus) don't really have a sense of humor about it.>>

Hmmm, so I don't have a sense of humor huh? How the heck would you know? Have you ever met me?

<<yea [Prius Maximus] its not your fault its just the you tag your it >>

I don't play Tag You're It - I'm not a kid and I've been told I don't have a sense of humor. Another post told me I'm the Prius Chatter of the year, I thought it was a compliment, until now. Apparently the definition of "Chatter" as used in the other post is "an annoying noise" and not "one who chats".

Well [you], All I can say is, at least now I know who my friends are/aren't.......

Tag, you're it [you]

:rolleyes:

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you I am glad you all realize the generous and magnificent contributions that I have made to this site. I am again humbled by your accolades! [you] is most deserving of this and I salute all the little people who help [you] be the great person [you] is today!

14. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Catskillguy @ May 2 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]248768[/snapback]</div>
    What are you talking about? It says that I'M the poster of the year!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 2 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]248771[/snapback]</div>

I'm just pissed because I dont know how to use the [*you*] tag. :huh: :( :lol: :p :D

16. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :unsure: I am *VERY* familiar with the {YOU} tag... just think enough is enough and it gets to be time to terminate that thread to provide more forum space for useful information.

Actually, Danny, how about disabling the {YOU} tag function ...

17. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 2 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]248892[/snapback]</div>

Nuh-uh, I am! :D :D

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 3 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]249091[/snapback]</div>

I second that motion. The reason that I don't know how to use the {you} tag, is because I'm one of the people who can't read. That’s why we rely on you to tell us what’s in the manual. Thanks, and may I just say that “ Your doing a great jobâ€.

Oh! By the way what is the curb weight of the Prius? :p :p

19. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 3 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]249150[/snapback]</div>
    28hundred something. 2896 I think?? Or am I way off...