1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About 2 months from now, new cable for iPhone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by OlsonBW, Feb 3, 2009.

1. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

I just talked to Dice Electronics about the new universal 5v cable for iPhone that would let them charge.

The deal is that is all that changes. You still can't control your iPhone on the iPhone itself and it is very confusing to control it over the radio interface.

I told her about that and she (I can't remember her name) said that they had been talking to Apple about getting the iPhone 3G compatible chip so that people could pick songs on the iPhone or the radio controls. It will be "expensive" for the cable (I doesn't sound like there will be any changes to the "box".) She didn't have any idea at this point how expensive but I told her I was seriously interested as I expect to have iPhones and my Prius for a long time.

2. heyjude421

heyjude421 thread bumper

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    ...and to think- just a couple months ago it was only a few weeks away

3. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

A few weeks away for which cable? The one where it just charges the iPhone or the one that charges it and lets us control the iPhone?