1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

about the rodent problem...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Toddsuki, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Toddsuki

Toddsuki New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have read a couple of threads about the rodent problem that some have had. I live in the woods and have in the past found a rodent nest in my '99 vw beetle. I dont want the same to happen with my prius. Someone mentioned that 2 places that you might want to put wire screen is in the areas of the large rectangular vents of the hatch area and also the space between the plastic cowl assembly under the windshield. I was wondering if someone could post some pictures of these areas to help those of us who have trouble finding these tricky areas of a car. It would be even cooler if someone could post some pics of some actual mods that have been made just to see what we might shoot for. Anyway if anyone can help us out here it sure would be appreciated.

2. cheeper

cheeper Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I live in the woods, too. Kept getting mice or chipmunk nest in the air filter in my Dodge Dakota. I'm trying to remember to put peppermint oil on mini stuffed toys near the wheels. The scent has to be repeated every now and again. Cotton ball would work, but may blow away. I put them under the car so the rain won't dilute the oil.