1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to buy a 2007 Prius. Any way to tell factory options from VIN?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by p9142, May 8, 2012.

1. p9142

p9142 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like the title says, I am about to pull the trigger on getting a 2007 Prius and I want to see exactly what factory options are installed on the car. Is there somewhere where I get that information from the VIN number. I know it can't be decoded from the actual digits, but is there a program that could search the Toyota database?

2. akm3

akm3 First time Lebowski'er

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bump for the same question, I sign on my neighbors Prius tomorrow and don't know which option package I have. How do I tell?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1 person likes this.
  4. akm3

akm3 First time Lebowski'er

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It appears I have the 'HG' package which is the lowest possible, plus the VSC. That is slightly sad, but I still am very happy with the deal. I just need to do something about the sound system.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Honestly, a lot of the extra stuff sounds nice but the functionality can be duplicated for less with aftermarket parts. For example, the fog lights look nice but they're for show. Want nav? Buy a $200 Garmin. Want leather? Go to the upholstery shop & buy what you want. The HID headlights had some problems. I was thrilled with my 2006 package 3. May you be as thrilled with your Prius.

6. Ritzy4runner

Ritzy4runner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2007 Prius package #3. The site on here that describes the packages 2G Prius (2004-2009) Standard and Optional Equipment (Some Countries) was how I determined just what I had. No VIN number deciphering. Mine was originally advertised as a "Touring" but when I got in and tried to do the navigation function (MAPS), the screen told me that it was not installed. It came with the backup camera, JBL 6 disc stereo system which is nice. I wanted navigation but like a previous poster mentioned, I already have a Nuvi so it will be attached to the windscreen shortly.

Like I mentioned it was advertised as a Touring model but I think alot of people are scared off by the car having over 100K miles (114K) but it was a local one owner with carfax, maintenance records from Toyota dealers so all recommended maintenance was performed and the dealer put brand new tires on the car, new cabin air filter, new oil and filter, all service required at this point so it is ready to roll and included a 12 month/12k mile warranty for $13700. The interior was almost like new, no dings, scratches on either the interior or exterior, a really well maintained and beautiful car. It was the color I wanted too so it was a pretty easy decision. I have posted questions here and the support I have gotten has been really great.

I am looking to do a few mods and upgrades as time progresses so I am thinking that the money I save in fuel will help to offset the monthly payment. Looking forward to being here more.My 2 cents on this topic you posted is this, check it out, verify records and equipment, it if has documented maintenance, looks and drives great, mileage around or under 100K, pull the trigger!:D