1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to join the list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gapeach, Nov 1, 2005.

1. gapeach

gapeach New Member

Hi folks - I'll soon be adding my name to the waiting list for a 2006 Prius. I'm really looking forward to owning a Prius after seeing one owned by a friend. She loves her little red car like no other automobile she's ever owned-and she has owned a lot of them.

My only issue at this point is color. The salesman told me the red is more popular and Toyota is making more of what is popular. But the Tideland Pearl is more my style. Maybe this isn't a big issue, but if I'm going to drive this around for years, I want to feel good in it. Does anyone have an opinion about the waiting period for one color versus another? Sure would like to have it soon after January 1.

Thanks for your input.

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I know that magentic grey is not supposed to be available until April '06.
    I think the easiest to find was a silver one for '05 model. Not sure what it will be for '06

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Howdy gapeach

Actually, former postings in this Forum indicate that "Millineum Silver" has been the most popular color; however, since (until now, perhaps) all Prii manufactured have been sold, many on a "Waiting List," the "most popular" color would be the color Toyota chooses to produce in greater numbers. Maybe Toyota got a "deal" on Silver paint... :D

Seems to me that the color you prefer is your choice, not a salesman's.

Try this link for more info on the 2006:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=11078&hl=2006

4. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I ordered my '05 in June, 2 different dealerships told me Tideland Pearl & Seaside Pearl where the most popular colors ordered. Also, both suggested I give them a second choice for color.

I wanted and held out for Tideland Pearl. In the 45 days I waited, I said no to a Black Prius & Salsa Red Prius.

I guess it all depends on how long you can/are willing to wait.

5. Trojan

Trojan New Member

Gratz on deciding to get a Prius. It's probably a good idea to wait until 2006 for the tax break, but my wife and I decided "screw it" and we're getting our 2005 today or tomorrow.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Don't know if you've surmised it, gapeach, but both Tideland Pearl and Salsa Red (as well as Millenium Silver) are being discontinued for '06, replaced, respectively, by Magnetic Gray, Barcelona Red and Classic Silver. There's also a Silver Pine Mica, on the "light beige" side.