1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to PU 2010 "V" with ATP, what to Know?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by New_Yorker, Jan 24, 2010.

1. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not exactly a Newbie, This will be my second Toyota Prius, last was a 2007 Touring Edition, in black. I saw the New 2010 Prius "V" (White) yesterday, after waiting for a few months for it to arrive at my dealer. They need to have the Paint Protection Film installed on the nose. It has pretty much everything, ATP with Navigation. It may be the end of this week before I can pick it up :).

I noticed that Toyota painted the rear spoiler on my white 2010 Prius black to match the dark windows in the back, I may have to have it painted white to match the rest of the car. I'll live with it for awhile to see how I feel about it. I also noticed that the interior plastic trim lining the rear hatch is also black despite a light 'Bisque' colored leather upholstery, and matching light beige-tan carpeting in the cargo area. I may have to get that painted as well. Black doesn't match a white car or a Bisque interior, you'd imagine Toyota'd NOT do that on their highest trim level model.:rolleyes:

The parking sensor on the front corners and the headlight washers look ideally placed to get torn off :eek: by someone rubbing the corners of my bumpers in a parking lot. Anyone ever had a problem with them ?

OK, what do I need to know before I get to depart the dealer in a couple of days ? Any thoughts ?:)

Upon cursory examination under the hood, it does 'Look' quite different than the view under the 2007 hood.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Never had an issue with the sensors or headlight washers, though I park in a garage and on NYC property while at work, not in the streets.

It's a toss up with the spoiler; Some like it, some don't. I like it black on my blizzard pearl. If you think you'll only keep this 3-4 years like your previous Prius, why spend the money to have it painted, just my opinion. That's money which could be put towards your next Prius, maybe a PHV lol.

Other than that, just enjoy the car. There are always small things that annoy me about every car I purchase, but in the end you have to enjoy all the nice things about the car and trust me, there are MANY toys to enjoy on the V with the AT package. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Unlike the 2007, I actually plan on keeping this forever. I promised the last one to a sibling at lease end, she bought it for 11 grand with 27K on it, a 2007 Touring with a custom white leather interior. The V will be worth 18K at buyout, which is all that I will actually pay for it, as my employer pays the lease and operating costs until 3 years are up. Hard to beat 'such a deal'.

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Not a bad deal at all. If you drive on the highway a lot you'll really learn to love the LKA and DRCC. I don't get to really use it driving to and from work every day, but for weekend road trips with the family, it is unbeatable.

5. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I drive long distances, a lot. I prefer it to airports.

6. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a V and am quite used to the spoiler color...it's been very durable even in the winter months....so I do like it..

As for the Parking Sensors and Washers, have had no problem with anyone hitting them..I am careful myself not for the sensors but for the bumper as well...always have been...

And the DRCC and LKA are nice additions to the car. I am sure you will love the LED headlights as well. The car has been quite good since August, and I have little to complain about the car...

Good Luck and Enjoy it....Check your Tire Pressures before you leave and Oil Level so they didn't overfill..;)

1 person likes this.
  7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    New Yorker, pressing the brake to the floor activates HSA. One doesn't have to push it down that far to keep the motor from spinning.

Before you leave the lot have the dealer register you with Safety Connect. This will save you some aggravation later.

The dealer probably won't do it but increase the tp to 51psi (max sidewall pressure).

The parts you mention don't come in other colors.

Enjoy.

8. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I also like the black spoiler with my blizzard pearl.

9. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The correct Tire Inflation Pressure is 32 and 32 PSI, so I have no interest in wearing the tires out prematurely, or causing them to blowout, by incresing the pressure by 18 PSI. Potholes tend to do that with these low profile tires when they are overinflated and hot. Can't imagine why anyone would imagine there could be some benefit to doing such a thing.

I will have to return to get the safety connect freebie, but I am still reading through the 5 pounds of owners manuals that came with the car. It feels like the car has its own version of "War & Peace".

Did anyone else get Black Carpet Floor mats with their Bisque Interior ? The dealers telling me that is the color they should be. I removed and replaced them immediately with clear plastic mats that look infinitely better.

10. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I run around 38-39 in my Prius V and have no trouble. I actually prefer the ride set to those psi's, and I drive in NYC. In no way would anyone ever get me to run 51psi around here as well!

Black floor mats are what are given for the bisque interior.

11. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Whatever you do, DON'T PRESS THE EJECTOR SEAT BUTTON!

12. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    TOO LATE, But Scotty was already "Beaming Me out of There" so it turned out OK ! :D