1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS ACTUATOR &PUMP BOOSTER

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Andre Ethier, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Andre Ethier

Andre Ethier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi everyone, Hope all is well.
    I had an A080 code that was for changing the hybrid battery which I did but after 10,000 miles the permanent code is still there and can`t smog car in California. I have also code C1391 & C2124. I know I might have to replace the brake actuator and booster pump. my question is if I change the actuator & pump would that clear the code for the hybrid battery so I can pass smog. the code C1391 is not showing on my Craftsman scanner. I got it from the dealer. Also, my lights on the cluster dash, brake, and traction control, come on goes off especially when hitting a speed bump (not right away but about 12 miles later). I`d be driving on the freeway then all those lights would go off and 10 /12 + miles later it would come back on.
    I`m more concerned about clearing the permanent code for hybrid so I can smog my 40-mile-a-day commute car.
    Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thank you guys

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You can best believe when you get to the government scanner that 1391 and what not will probably show up I don't know yeah they'll have to ding you for it because that's a safety issue the brakes and then whatever else you're talking about the code for the other thing the permanent code I don't know if you can do the process to eliminate that while other codes are pending I'm not sure how that's done or if that's done but the brake business in a state that has OBD2 emissions and whatnot they'll ding you on the safety I'm sure because the brake lights are on and the codes are present I'm pretty sure would be cool if they didn't but and states that do the things like emissions they're generally real jerks.

3. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No, fixing the C1391 & C2124 codes will not clear the P0A80 permanent code.

Yes, read post #30 to #36 in this thread: https://priuschat.com/index.php?threads/218649/

#3 Brian1954, Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  4. Andre Ethier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Brian, I really appreciate the feedback and quick response. I will check the post.
    Have a great day!

5. Andre Ethier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you for your feedback Tombuckt2. at least a few times a week, these lights brake light ABS light and traction light goes off. Once I cleared the permanent code 1391 and all these lights related to the brakes, I can run to the smog shop .

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't know I think you got to go a certain amount of miles before you pull into the smog shop well you can pull them to the smog shop and they'll connect you up and tell you oh you've only been 4 miles since you reset the codes You need to drive another hour or whatever it is they say luckily I'm not in a state anymore where I have to listen to this jargon because it's quite ridiculous but this is what they have you do in these places.

7. Andre Ethier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you Tombuckt2,I have driven 10,000 miles since put the refurbished battery.

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't think the refurbished battery codes are going to keep you from passing a smog test That's generally the check engine light that handles that The red triangle and or battery codes I don't think that they would fail you for that they're interested in the small business the catalyst below threshold and so on and all that the EVAP system codes those kinds of things those are universal codes for pretty much all engines and all brands they don't really care about Prius specific codes like for the HV system and all that. Unless they consider those codes to make the car unsafe and then your car can't pass the safety portion of the inspection The emissions portion may be okay but safety lights horn turn signals etc that has to pass too.

9. Andre Ethier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Tombuckt2 thank you for the feedback. I went to a guy I know who owns a smog shop his machine says it won't pass. Maybe I‘ll try another smog place.