1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS alert + RED BRAKE light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BoBraxton, May 7, 2007.

1. BoBraxton

BoBraxton New Member

After two years in Virginia it is necessary to get state SAFETY inspection which I did at 11:00am Saturday and then on Sunday evening after a stop/turn a short distance from (returning to) our house, my spouse noticed on the right an amber alert ABS and on the left (of dashboard display) RED "BRAKE"
    The manual says to stop the car and to call the Toyota dealer (opens Monday morning at 8:00am).
    Did this happen to anyone else after service? Ours is 2005 silver Prius and mileage is 23,300 plus a few. Is there anything which they would have done during safety inspection that would result in ABS alert. (I believe they have to remove wheels for parts of the required inspection(s) ).
    ETA: Spouse followed directions to take the 2005 Prius into service (where safety inspection had been done on Saturday) and reported back to me via telephone that they "tightened something" that was loose and that "If it happens again, they may have to replace a part." I hope this is helpful to (anyone) someone else.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BoBraxton @ May 7 2007, 05:48 AM) [snapback]436723[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like things worked out for you. Both brake lights lit when my ABS actuator failed at 6000 miles.

3. nickshelley

nickshelley New Member

Please see thread "brake failure"
    If we get organized we can track this dangerous phenomenon and get some help from toyota.

4. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Maybe they banged the wheel speed sensor or wire. ABS would read it as a failure.

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The ABS Fuse would be one thing to check