1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS Booster, accumulator, stroke simulator trouble

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DentedKnight, Feb 12, 2024.

1. DentedKnight

DentedKnight New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I replaced the brake accumulator and I'm going through the Brake Bleed portion of the repair. I have an Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT Service Tablet. The problem I'm running into is what I believe is too much pressure on the Stroke simulator as it is reading .82 without any pressure applied to the brake pedal. The prius is reading this as constant brake pressure (rear tail lights on and when trying to go to IG-ON no ready, it starts the car as if I'm pressing the brake).

What is the default standard V reading for the stroke simulator?

2. Seymour1

Seymour1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did you replace the master cylinder? (Usually they recommend replacing both parts.) If so, check the adjustment of the rod that attaches to the brake petal.

3. DentedKnight

DentedKnight New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The brake booster and cylinder was not replaced, the main issue is something is causing the brakes to stay on constantly. I know they recommend the booster too at the same time for internal leaks but, this seems to be a different animal. I appreciate the suggestion though. After I replaced the pump/accumulator the errors went away. I only got the issue when trying to complete the brake bleed process.